Technical inspection of engineering facilities and hydraulic engineering structures, on-site hydraulic measurements, calibration of measuring structures
Based on its employees’ vast experiences, VITUKI Hungary Ltd carries out regular technical inspections of hydraulic engineering structures. Tracking changes ensures the continuous and safe operation of the structures, as well as the early sensing of potential malfunctions and the economical implementation of maintenance and intervention works. Our main activities include regular and periodic technical inspections of river barrages, dams, ship locks, sluices, structures across levees and hydroelectric power plants.
The inspection work consists of:
Certain special tasks (calibration of measuring structures, statics checking, seepage investigations, status-checking of hydro-mechanic equipment etc.) are implemented with the help of investigation methods developed by our experts. The accuracy and credibility of the measurements are ensured by our calibrated and regularly inspected instruments.
- stability investigations (investigation of relative and absolute motions)
- hydraulic investigations (investigation of riverbed changes and flow conditions)
- investigation of pressurized systems (flow parameters, pressure conditions, discharge measurements)
- material testing (checking state and testing strength).
Water management and environmental protection planning
- Elaboration of municipal water damage control plans
- Sizing and designing the downstream beds and damping pools of large river structures and emergency reservoirs by identifying the flow requirements of bed stability
- Elaboration of environmental impact studies, strategic environmental evaluations, elaboration of the environmental protection chapters of municipal development plans
- Compilation of environmental an legal licensing documents
Numerical modelling (hydrodynamic, hydrological)
- Development and application of hydrodynamic and river morphological models (1D, 2D, 3D) for analyzing flow and bed morphological processes in surface waters under low-, mean- and high-water conditions.
- Development and application of transport models (1D, 2D, 3D) for analyzing mixing processes in surface waters (heat loads from power plants and from thermal water uses, transport of suspended sediment and bedload, transport and reaction-kinetics of nutrients, toxic substances etc.).
- Modelling rainfall-runoff and nutrient transport processes in river basins, for supporting river basin management and water quality control planning. Development of flood forecasting systems with the help of rainfall-runoff and riverbed-runoff models.
- Modelling the process of wastewater treatment in wastewater treatment plants
Expert and qualification works
- Elaboration of expert reports in the following fields:
- Sewerage systems
- Drinking water supply
- Bed corrections in water courses
- Water management in flat- and hilly lands
- Flood control
- Re-cultivation of waste disposals
- protection of water resources
- drainage systems of motorways
- Hydraulic and civil engineering technical inspections focusing on:
- water supply
- wastewater treatment
- re-cultivation of waste disposals
- water management in flat- and hilly lands
Remote sensing and GIS
Our experts have multi-decade-long, widespread, theoretical and practical knowledge related to the application of remote sensing and GIS in water and environment management. We are especially experienced in integrating remote sensed data into GIS systems and linking them to various model applications.
- Remote sensing and GIS activities:
- application of aerial photography in water and environmental management
- making aerial photos
- processing and analysis of aerial photos and satellite images
- generating thematic maps both in digital and printed formats
- integrating information extracted from remote sensed images into GIS systems
- development of remote sensing instruments and methods
- management of remote sensing projects
- elaboration of geographical information, regional information and decision support systems
- GIS for supporting water and environmental management
- GIS for supporting the management of municipalities
Research and Development (R+D)
VITUKI Hungary Ltd is doing several research and development activities in the field of fluid mechanics, hydraulic engineering and water management.
- • Theoretical and on-site investigations of hydraulic and hydro-mechanic phenomena with regard to:
- flood control
- water management
- river regulation
- hydropower utilization
- water supply
- hydraulic engineering
- Design of hydraulic engineering structures and equipment on the basis of hydrodynamic computations and modelling, elaboration of suggestions for development, development and application of sizing methods
- Carrying out environmental and water management projects, supporting innovation
- Using hydrological-, hydrogeological and hydrodynamic models for developing impact assessment and forecasting systems supporting water resources management and hydro-morphological investigations
- Hydrological and climatological statistical analyses
- Design, construction and update of databases
- Flood risk mapping, flood management planning
- Development and application of forecasting models (hydrodynamic, hydro-morphological, flood control, water quality control, rainfall-runoff)